Pages

Articles

Beyond creation - Earthborn evolution ~ Album review



Before I start talking about this album, I would like to mention that Canada has some serious progressive and technical death metal bands! They started to appear more and more lately and every time I listen to one of these bands: IT BLOWS MY MIND!!

Beyond creation has always been that kind of bands we rarely come across! (if you're a prog/tech fan and you don't know the band then what are doing with your life? Seriously!) Since their first appearance the band hasn't ceased blowing our minds!
Beyond creation are known for being very unique, and very strict in what they do! They pay attention to every detail in their compositions, I think they wouldn't have been able to do that if they weren't all skilled! I mean, EVERY MEMBER OF THE BAND IS TALENTED... really talented, which is also rare! And this was clearly remarkable in their successful debut album "the aura" released in 2011! The band kept that complex technical aspect and added more progressive to come up with a new masterpiece "EARTHBORN EVOLUTION".
From what I counted, I listened to the album over 10 times (and yes, I'll be listening to it more) because it's indeed an album that will never make you feel bored, it's simply addictive!

The more I listen to it, the more I discover awesome stuff in those complex technical lines! Simon and Kevin did a great job the riffs are incredible while the vocals are so catchy... strong deep growls and hell! What a devastating drum by Philippe! Knowing that this is his first album with the band!
And you can't talk about Beyond creation without mentioning the bass-hero Dominic "Forest", I have to stand in recognition of that man! His bass lines are very unique and creative (you gotta check Elusive Psychological Reverence to see what I'm talking about)! With his fretless 6 string bass he makes me think about many great bass-players especially that nowadays there is kinda a lack of creativity (particularly in terms of bass) but FOREST IS A MASTER, so are the rest of the band members!

In general the album is a piece of art, if I have to write about each song I'd write a novel! You tech/prog fans must check this album and believe me IF CHUCK SCHULDINER WAS STILL ALIVE HE'D BE PROUD OF THESE GUYS!
This album should be one of the best 2014 releases!!

(Vote for the album here : www.metalitty.tk )

                                  Rating : 9,5/10