Pages

Articles

Hideous Divinity - Cobra Verde ~ Album review




The Italian Metal scene has always been a mystery for me, I mean it hasn't lived those stages of development before getting that strong.
Italian Metal bands, especially technical ones have suddenly made their appearance in early 2000 and added to Metal a great touch! Initiative and creativity are 2 characteristics you'll always find in Italian bands, just like Hideous Divinity who made their appearance in 2007 with their Demo "Sinful Star Necrolatry" in Norway although all the members are Italians.

Later in 2012 after getting back home, they released their first full-length album "Obeisabce rising"marking by it their name among great Italian bands!


In 2014, the band made another great step by releasing their second album "Cobra Verde".


An album so complicated in its composition and writing. It opens up with "In My Land I Was A Snake" it's the longest track in the album, and the best in my opinion! It starts with an epic intro followed by some awesome riffs in the middle and a kick ass outro! Immediately after that, the technical side of Hideous divinity starts showing up! The whole band has done some great work, the riffs, solos and breakdowns are just so stunning, both ENRICO and ANTONIO did a great job! GIULIO's drumming added to the recipe an amazing touch, fast and so technical! I also loved the bass lines! STEFANO is such a talented guy indeed! And what I loved more is the vocals! Like man, ENRICO H's growls and grunts make you feel the song and speaking about vocals I'd also like to mention that the track THE ALONEST OF THE ALONE is featuring Dallas Toler-Wade from NILE! This mixing added a great touch to the song!! Loved this one as well!

What more can I say? I strongly recommend this album to technical death metal lovers! If you haven't listened to it yet!!!


                                           Rating : 9/10