Pages

Articles

LABYRINTH : THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Just like I expected, Fleshgod apocalypse’s LABYRINTH did it again by 17 out of 38 votes (44%)! A lot to say about this album but I'll talk briefly about it...



I still get the same feeling as the first day when I listened to it! Once I click on play TARAA I'm in Knossos inside a labyrinth, hearing the sound of pain, sorrow, death and revenge in every verse I read and in every pray he prayed. The lyrics are so emotional and so strong, full of sentiments, suffering and pain; as much as Tommaso attract us with his voice, Francesco Paoli excite us with the drums; Cristiano and Paolo played an important role as well; when the riffs and the solos embrace the orchestra then something really epic and atmospheric is born! We can obviously taste the tech death!! And after all this war and brutality, after screaming & revenging, the master of keyboard Francesco Ferrini concludes the album by an instrumental masterpiece entitled Labyrinth which it really blows the mind!
The album in general is well worked, what I like the most about FA is that they're so unique and original!

I think that's all, I don't have anything else to add, I'll just suggest you the album if you didn't get it yet and if you're looking for some good symphonic technical death Metal!